Tuesday, June 23, 2009

An Open Letter of Thanks.

Hey Everybody!

Apologies for the slight delay with this. As you can imagine, I've been inundated with emails, congrats, press and clips - it's been whirlwind since Sunday. I was actually convinced today was Monday! But it's not, it's Tuesday, and my thanks come late... However, more heartfelt they could not be.

I think we've all done something pretty unique and special here. I know I felt it on Sunday when I sent the word "ACTION" via twitter on my mobile (cell), while standing on the bank of a river miles from anywhere! I was with my Dad and my wife, and our dogs, it was a beautiful and warm summers evening, quiet and still, and we were all alone out there, but I felt completely connect to all of you. I could feel the frantic rush of adrenaline as you all fired up your cameras and started shooting. Although it was quiet, and personal, as I'm sure it was for many of you, it was exciting and thrilling too.

I felt a huge sense of satisfaction and indeed achievement when I was finished filming! As I'm sure many of you did too. Almost immediately the messages started coming in,"Woohoo" "That was good" "Congratulations" "We did it" "That was exciting" from all of you! I was full to brim with joy!

Iulia Rugina from Romania gets the prize for being first in with her clip (I don't know what the prize is!) - it came in within hours! And I knew with in seconds of watching it, this was going to be a great film! Her footage was beautiful, honest, funny and heartfelt. It truly was what connected her to her home.

Then more footage started coming in and the family connection really started to come through, something I looked at too. I can honestly say I'm thrilled with what I've been getting. People really have opened up their lives and their hearts to this project and I'm completely blown away by it!

I want to thank you first of all for coming on board, for giving you time, energy, thought and talent to this. I want to thank you for your honesty and integrity, for you passion and love for what you do. I want to thank you for believing in this project and most of all, I want to thank you for trusting me, and for what I'm sure will be more, incredible footage. I promise to give you the best film I can, something we can all be proud of and share, us 140, forever.

Thank you.

Kindest, warmest and indeed, most supreme regards
Frank Kelly

your very humbled producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment